Snow Fighter University
Reliable has instituted the use of a state-of-the-art training program in order to provide fully trained staff for the implementation of our service to your facility. We even train our staff on the proper way to shovel sidewalks and apply the correct amount of ice melt.
The "Snow Fighter University" is a multiphase process which includes class time and practical hands-on training. Each staff member receives required classroom training and interactive Online training similar to a pilot training system. Each module of training is completed with an electronic examination. The classroom training is intensely focused on details in order to eliminate the learning curve & increase the level of safety. A hands-on training model (pictured above) is also used. It functions as a practical proficiency test of the techniques learned before it snows.
Preparation Before Snow
• Prior to snowfall, each driver receives hands-on training in the vehicle and with the plow and spreader. The practical training continues when it snows through the use of a mentoring program in which each worker is paired with an experienced trainer. Each driver works a route with specific qualifications and instructions as part of the route book.
• Before it snows, the worker visits the sites he will be responsible for in order to familiarize himself with your specific site and the needs/requirements for the property. During the preseason visit, the following items are specified and directions given:
1-Priority of service-what needs to be done first
2-Location for stockpiling Raised paved surfaces
3-Detailed knowledge of the parking and traffic patterns of the location
- • Knowledgeable, trained staff that gets the job done to your specifications from the first to last storm.
- • Training focused on details, details, details-eliminates the learning curve
- • Specific intimate knowledge of each customer site and a written plan to provide the best service possible
- • Team accountability and follow-up to provide resulting in top-notch snow/ice management
- • Professional attitude dedicated to professional results